17 April 2014
- 667 days at the Ecuadorian Embassy.
Jeremy Hammond has been in prison for 773 days.
A secret Grand Jury on WikiLeaks has been active for 1520 days.
- An article in Emptywheel analyses whether the FBI filed a secret 215 production order on WikiLeaks’ bank records in late November, shortly before the release of Cablegate.
Julian Assange News:
- New street art believed to be by Banksy has been created near GCHQ, with many people commenting that one of the men depicted bears resemblance to Julian Assange. WikiLeaks then tweeted its “ultimate challenge" to Bansky: graffiting the Ecuadorian Embassy, which has been under constant police surveillance since June 2012. Banksy previously created street art about Collateral Murder in New York.
- Paris Match published an excerpt of their article on Julian Assange’s meeting with MEP Eva Joly. The full article was published today in their print edition.
- WikiLeaks tweeted that a large firetruck arrived with its lights flashing outside the Ecuadorian Embassy. The fire brigade left the Embassy building after about an hour.
via This Day in WikiLeaks http://ift.tt/1eZ9Fft