5 December 2013
- 534 days at the Ecuadorian Embassy.
Jeremy Hammond has been in prison for 640 days.
A secret Grand Jury on WikiLeaks has been active for 1172 days.
- In response to the death of Nelson Mandela, WikiLeaks posted links to published documents which mention Mr Mandela: Cables, Stratfor emails, and Syria Files.
- Stratfor emails released by WikiLeaks show how the energy industry perceives climate activists.
- Occupy has published another article analysing Stratfor emails on Serbian activist Srdja Popovic and his connections with the organisaiton.
- Kristinn Hrafnsson appeared on Radio New Zealand to discuss WikiLeaks’ year in review, including how they assisted Edward Snowden and the release of the TPP IP chapter.
- A PDF of alleged chatlogs between Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning is available. The document was removed from the US Army’s website, but was reuploaded by journalist Alexa O’Brien.
- Fourteen people alleged of participating in a 2010 DDoS attack on PayPal in response to its blockade of WikiLeaks entered guilty pleas today. They will be formally sentenced in one year. For detailed coverage of the hearing, see Alexa O’Brien’s Twitter feed, as she live-tweeted from the courthouse today.
Julian Assange News:
- Slovanian newspaper Delo will post their hour-long interview with Julian Assange on December 7.
via This Day in WikiLeaks http://ift.tt/1iEu0Nz